We also encourage email sign ups prior to the next meeting.
- South Pasadena Arts Council's part in the event:
- Our footprint will be Meridian street with our focus on the Meridian Iron Works Museum side of the street. Both sides of Meridian will be closed to traffic.
- Unless we can get lighting, our interactive activity will most likely be from 5pm - 8pm.
- Our event will be an interactive visual arts project which will either be painting the street or painting panels that line the street. (see Artist sketch below). Participants will be encouraged to paint the panels or street.
- There will be a common theme and a color pallet chosen.
- So Pasadena Arts Council Artists will have specific painting areas or panels to oversee and create.
- Margo Newman and Kevin Foxe are spearheading an interactive Media/film project that will air on the screen on the side of the museum.
- In addition, the Chamber is offering to So Pasadena Arts Council artists 2 options:
- To buy into a gallery space for $100 to sell and display artwork (location is TBD). Artists would be responsible for hanging and framing expenses. One So Pasadena Arts Council volunteer would spearhead this gallery and liaison with the Chamber to help facilitate this space.
- To showcase artwork in a space for free (location is TBD). So Pasadena Arts Council volunteers would be responsible for entire setup and breakdown.
May 1st is our preview to what we hope will be our big interactive arts event in the Fall.
Our next South Pasadena Arts Council large group meeting will be Thursday, March 18 at 7pm and we will let you know soon the date and details for our first fundraising event!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for more information.
Arts Are Alive in South Pasadena!