At this event, the community will be invited into local visual and performing art venues to participate in demonstrations, performances and interactive activities conducted by South Pasadena visual and performing artists.
- Possible dates for this event are April 25, May 1, 2.
- The tentative hours of the event are 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- We would like to keep the event venues centrally located and within walking distance of each other.
We are inviting performing and visual artists to submit proposals to the South Pasadena Arts Council “Creative Arts Experience” Committee for consideration of participation in this event. The requirements are as follows:
- Each artist must be a resident of South Pasadena, or work in South Pasadena or have an interest in working in South Pasadena.
- Each artist must commit to a one-hour time slot on the day of the day of the event and the time necessary for preparation.
- Each artist will be required to include within their allotted time: a demonstration of their talent, an
dinteractive/audience participation portion, and a Q&A.
- Each artist will be responsible for setting up and breaking down your materials, staging, etc.
In submitting a project for this event please describe how you will fill your spot:
- DEMO: (or Exhibition) (15 min) to demonstrate your talent: ie- your artwork, performance, dance, music, etc.
- INTERACTION: (15 min) Engage participants in the art form. Example: play a theatre game on stage, have the participants paint a watercolor or drawing, pass out instruments to play, etc.
- Q&A: Answer questions
Hope Perello, email@example.com
Karen Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chairs, South Pasadena Arts Council “Creative Arts Experience” Committee